I hope this finds you and your loved ones in good health. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: my commitment to your safety and health.
The service that I provide requires skin-to-skin contact and extended close proximity to my clients (especially their face). As we all navigate life and modify existing procedures due to the pandemic, please help me to support all of my clients by cooperating with some new requirements.
Brain Plus Manual Therapy follows Practice Guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. I made these changes to help protect my clients and myself. For example:
• To maximize ventilation and reduce the risk of contagion, my office is now located outside (I will email photos of the outdoor office to you upon request- you’ll see that my focus is on safety rather than curb appeal!). Thus inclement weather including windy or wet conditions may require postponing your appointment to another day or time.
• There are no bathroom facilities available.
• I will communicate with you before your appointment to do the intake, obtain updates to your health information and ask you specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19.
• The day before your appointment I’ll contact you to ask if you have developed any symptoms of illness since we last spoke on the phone. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Massage is not advised if you have any symptoms of illness.
• Please take your temperature the night before your appointment and report it to me prior to your appointment.
• Please bring a face mask and wear it to cover your nose and mouth while you are in the outdoor office and during your massage. If your mask has a vent, I require that you use an unvented (“surgical-style”) mask instead of or in addition to your vented mask. I will be wearing a mask, face shield, gown (and gloves as necessary).
• When you arrive at the office, I’ll ask that you wait in your vehicle until I text you or call you to come in. My number is 915-472-1525.
• Before your appointment, I will ask you to sign the COVID-19 Risk Informed Consent for Treatment form and health questionnaire.
• After your appointment, I’ll ask you to sign a checklist verifying the safety measures I’m taking (including cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces).
• To reduce the risk of contagion, please bring your own pen to sign these forms.
• Hand sanitizer is available that I will ask you to use when you enter the office and as needed.
I look forward to seeing you again and am happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps I take to keep you, and every client, safe in my practice. Thank you for being my client. I value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you to a safe, therapeutic touch environment.
Brain Plus Manual Therapy