I hope this finds you and your loved ones in good health. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: my commitment to your safety and health.
The service that I provide requires skin-to-skin contact and extended close proximity to my clients (especially their face). As we all navigate life and modify existing procedures due to the pandemic, please help me to support all of my clients by cooperating with some new requirements.
Brain Plus Manual Therapy follows Practice Guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. I made these changes to help protect my clients and myself. For example:
- To maximize ventilation and reduce the risk of contagion, I will schedule your session to be either outside or in my home office with improved ventilation provided by open windows and/or HEPA air purifiers. Thus, inclement weather including windy or wet conditions may require postponing your appointment to another day or time.
- If your appointment is scheduled to be outside, there are no bathroom facilities available.
- In order to reduce the amount of talking we do in person (and thus reduce the production of potentially contaminated droplets and aerosols in the office space) I will communicate with you by phone and email before your appointment to do the intake, obtain updates to your health information and ask you specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19.
- The day before your appointment I’ll contact you to ask if you have developed any symptoms of illness since we last spoke on the phone. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Massage is not advised if you have any symptoms of illness.
- Please bring a face mask and wear it to cover your nose and mouth while you are in the indoor or outdoor office and during your massage. If your mask has a vent, I require that you use an unvented (“surgical-style”) mask instead of or in addition to your vented mask. I will most likely be wearing a Microclimate AIR2 helmet (https://microclimate.com/products/air2-x-microclimate) which filters to at least 96% of 0.30 particles in incoming and outgoing air. The helmet looks somewhat like a space helmet and it will allow you to see my entire face including my mouth. Alternatively, I’ll be wearing an unvented N95 mask and other PPE as necessary.
- When you arrive at the office, I’ll ask that you wait in your vehicle until I text, call or signal to you to come in. My number is 915-472-1525.
I look forward to seeing you and am happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps I take to keep you, and every client, safe in my practice. Thank you for being my client. I value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to a safe, therapeutic touch environment.
Brain Plus Manual Therapy